The Green Recovery Act requires change as fast as technologically practicable, not distant target dates. Its fiscal cost is zero, and it delivers immense savings. It has nine parts:
4. Empower local authorities to deliver clean local transport systems, a retrofitting revolution and pensions that invest in a clean future.
5. New duties to negotiate international agreements with green principles at their heart to address longstanding harms.
8. A ban on coal, oil and gas with strict exceptions; and introduce liability for climate damage to treat the emergency with the urgency it requires.
7. Secure the jobs and industry of a renewable energy future and support the managed wind-down of the fossil fuel sector to deliver a clean energy transition.
1. A Green Recovery Commission, to deliver the investment needed to drive transition.
2. Guarantee Full employment, Incomes, Training (a ‘FIT guarantee’) to secure a just transition.
9. Ensure sustainable stewardship in agriculture with new duties on farming and supermarkets to eliminate emissions and waste.
6. Decarbonise transport, by accelerating the decarbonisation of mobility and scaling an ambitious low-carbon public transport system.
3. Democratise and decarbonise finance and corporate governance, to join together climate and economic justice.